Sunday, October 26, 2008

Collab House Book - Asian

Asian really isn't my "thing" but that is the great thing about this swap - not everyones theme is your cup of tea, so it stretches your creativity. I think the dragon page was my biggest test yet. Dragons CERTAINLY ARE NOT my thing! Still once I found an image I could work with.....

As you know I received my Kelly Rae Roberts book this week and have been itching to try out some of the techniques. Yesterday I bought some more golden fluids -for my classes next year, and also bought a couple of shriva sticks. The latter are just divine - will have to get me more of those!
Anyway the top photo is my Asian collage completed. The background paper was very bright greens and I also added some text collage and other collage papers. Covered them in golden fluids and shriva sticks and you have the image to the left. After I scanned it I thought it looked a little unfinished, so I added a metal corner to the roof peak, and went around the children with while gel pen. I just thought that they were blending a little too much with the background...

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Your page looks great Greta, very nice.

Sarah said...

This is just awesome Greta. You have captured vintage china perfectly.

Jen Crossley said...

Greta this is awesome I have too agree with Kathy and Sarah.
your work is really amazing
Jen

Gaby Bee said...

This is simply stunning, Greta. I have to confess I had not visited your blog for quite a while, but after you left your kind comments on mine, I thought it was high time I had a look again. All the new pieces I found on your blog are very inspiring, especially the houses!
Enjoyed the visit today!

Gail said...

I love the images and your background is fantastic, you will have to start giving lessons.