Sunday, September 23, 2007















My collab book page - at last ! The first design went down the gurgler last week so here is my brand new one! I have 23 pages to make before next Saturday! Thanks to Gail Smith for her input today.



The metal on it is part of a bike chain - I wish I could say it was my great idea, but I saw some amazing work on flickr by Elaine Kerr . Here is her blog: http://abstractionsart.blogspot.com/



It was a bit of a trial tracking down an old chain, but my local bikeshop gave me one. I did try the bike shop near work, but the guy there was just an arrogant ........... The local shop owner such a stark contrast!

7 comments:

NessH said...

Hi Greta...really really nice work...I can't wait to see it for real when the book is finished...what a great idea with the old rusty bike chain

Elaine Kerr said...

Your page looks great! Sounds like a busy week for you. Thanks for the mention and the link.

Teresa Abajo said...

This is excellent work Greta - so nice of Gail to help you with it too. Now stop blogging and get the pages done - I need them on Saturday ;-D

Jen Crossley said...

WOW Greta you have done an amazing job!! You must be thrilled with the result
Jen

Gail said...

Greta, the work was all your own idea, I was just the sounding board for your inspiration, as usual it looks great on the blog.
Gail

Gisele said...

Lovely page Greta & really neat use of a bike chain. My son's bike is unused outside with the chain all rusted up nicely....hmmmm....do you think he'll notice if it goes missing! lol

Anonymous said...

This is awesome and i love the addition of the bike chain bits :o)